Frequently Asked Questions
TANDEMS addresses anyone, who has an interest in taking control of producing their own energy whether as an initiator of an energy community or as a member of one. It also provides information to those, who want to gain knowledge about the clean energy transition and renewable energy. Additionally the project collaborates with decision makers such as municipalities and existing energy communities to support them in the implementation and upkeeping of energy communities in project regions. TANDEMS creates a link between citizens and energy communities as well as energy communities and municipalities.
- SUPPORT the creation and upkeeping of multiple citizen led projects in project regions
- TRAINING local decision makers and energy cooperatives to better support the development and sustenance of energy communities.
- ENCOURAGING local citizens to participate in the clean energy transition by setting up or becoming members of local energy communities. To achieve this TANDEMS focuses on INFORMATION CAMPAIGNS in the form of locally organised events and online tools.
- INCREASING the participation of municipalities in the energy transition and the investment into citizen led, sustainable energy projects.
- DECREASE in CO2 emissions and increase in the use of renewable energy.
- REVISION of existing legal policy frameworks through bringing in suggestions for the expansion or the conversion of existing policies.
- INTRODUCTION of new business and collaboration models for the shared energy concept.
- Creation of a strong climate of collaboration and a critical engagement of all partners as well as external actors.
- Weekly inspiration session meetings for regular knowledge exchange
- Regular updates and in depth workshops between work packages to identify partners needs and develop strategies for capacity building including train the trainer workshops, which aims to advise municipalities on how they can support citizen led projects.
- 1 mini online kickoff meeting and 2 consortium meetings (M3 in Mechelen, Belgium and M8 in Burgas, Bulgaria).
- Creation of blueprint for an open collaboration model between municipalities, energy communities and citizens, which supports engagement and the formation of a strong network in partner regions.
- Finalizing first drafts of monitornig and impact evaluation tool
- All partners have decided for their pilot project for TANDEMS, many of which are at advanced stages
- Exchanges between TANDEMS and other LIFEProgramme sister projects
- Identifying cross cultural and regional legislative barriers for the development of energy communities.
- For regular posts and updates visit our social media: https://twitter.com/LifeTandems and https://www.linkedin.com/company/life-tandems/